Sunday, September 14, 2008

Seriously. . .

So, this was posted on another blog that I read. I just wanted to share it with you. I have never believed in abortion. . . ever. Once I had my amazingly perfect little boy almost 5 years ago, that belief depend. I can not believe that 90% of Downs babies are aborted. What? Because you strive for worldly perfection, you commit murder? I remember when I was pregnant with Carter and they wanted to do the Downs test. I was so upset and I told my doctor that I did not want it, that it didn't matter to me. That was the day I found out my doctor was pro-life. She looked at me and said, "jen, this will help us prepare for the future and your babies birth. . . not to end an imperfect babies life." I had the test.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/09/AR2008090902519.html?referrer=emailarticle

As a side note, after we learned of Carter's dx, we decided we would probably not have anymore children. Not because they will most likely get the disease too but because we knew that we wanted to enjoy and embrace Carter as much as we could. I was telling a friend about our choice and her husband said, "well, can't you do genetic testing and if they have the disease, get an abortion?" Huh? Are you telling me that Carter is so imperfect in your eyes that his life should have been ended before it began. Needless to say, we are no longer friends. AND we are enjoying our little boy and our life to the fullest. We have an amazing life, an amazing child, an amazing marriage, and an amazing God who chose us for worldly imperfection. . .

1 comment:

Ross and Lisa said...

Hi Jennifer,

I saw that you were following my blog and thought I would say Hi, and Welcome! I do not know Carter's story, but the Lord showed me this verse after Abigail's diagnosis. I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me!...this sickness is for the "glory of God."

Jesus said, "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it." John 11:4